Keyword Search Application
Closed - This job posting has been filled.
We need a C# developer to continue development of current software. It is a simple application but we need additional features implemented and few bug to be fixed.
Purpose of application is to get some info from Google or web pages. For example: user is typing "dentist London" keyword and software will search Google and get all results for selected keyword. Then user will be shown a set of results and for each result is shown:
- URL or page
- If that URL is using Google AdSense or not
- Does page have email capture form
- Does it have Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest, YouTube links/content
- Does Mobile optimized website
- Email address for contact
- Phone number and street address for contact
Here are list of task that should be done:
- Next 100 searches feature: At the moment we can have 25, 50 100 etc results shown. We need a feature to show next set of 25, 50, 100 etc. records - some sort of pagination.
- Switching to WPF: We would like to have better looking app. At the moment users can't change column width in datagrid etc. so some improvements of user interface should be done. UI change is not mandatory - we can keep current one (winforms I think) with some minimal changes.
- Add more Google Search Location (Keyword results are different based upon your location or set location): We have google.com, google.com.au etc. but we may need several more providers.
- Save projects (searches): We need a feature to save searches and results.
- Add other social indicators: We have several social media indicators but we may need more
- Improve capturing of email addresses and emails. Also, email send feature - a way to select (from all the results returned by software) which ones to send the email to. We would like to have check boxes to select which to send to, or similar. To understand the reason, if for example I am selling Mobile Optimised websites, I will look through the results, and select all the sites that do not have a mobile site to send an email to.
- Improve general search accuracy for all content: for example software may not show street address even if address is on page/subpage
- Ability to show position of the sites in Google based on the keyword
- Click on any column to sort according to that column
- Ability to detect Flash content
There may be other features that we need to be done in the future so consider this as ongoing project. We may have few more ideas in the future so hope that is fine. I'm trying to remember everything we need to be done in this app so you can have a clear picture what needs to be done for price that we set.
You will be also doing a bit of support if users report some issue. When you apply, please include works "software made easy" before any text - at the top. We will not consider applications without those words at the top. You will be provided with complete source code to get started.
Application should be working on Mac too. We used Mono but if you have better idea we can talk about best solution to go with.