REQUEST FOR PROPOSAL FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF SOCIAL NETWORKING WEBSITE WITH ECOMMERCE FUNCTIONALITY
3CNET Nigeria Ltd (3CNET) is privately owned provider of Information and Communication Technology solutions. Incorporated in 2009, the following year (2010) witnessed 3CNET’s acquisition & consolidation of the clients (and operation) of the erstwhile Torque Technologies Ltd (incorporated in 2003). The company, within the period of its existence, has been engaged in Fibre Optic deployments, Wireless Deployments, IP/Data Communication Deployment, Enterprise Network & Infrastructure Solutions and Business Critical infrastructure Management to clients in both private and public sectors. Some of the company's clients include; Galaxy Backbone, Rivers State Government, AIICO Insurance, Bollore Africa Logistics, Mitsubishi Nigeria, Cross Rivers State Government, Transcorp Holdings, Animal Care, Aso Savings and Loans, CFAO Group, Auto Alliance, STACO Insurance, Phase3 Telecoms, IPNX and a host of others. For more information, please visit www.3cnetworks.com .
3CNET is currently about to roll out her Wireless Internet and Voice services to Residential market and sees an opportunity to leverage on a Social networking platform to enable her to reach the market space effectively whilst at the same time spinning off new business opportunities. The closest concept to our requirement of a social network platform is https://nextdoor.com. We therefore require the look and feel of nextdoor.com but with further enhancements that can allow us generate revenue on advertising as well as sell some products online (ecommerce portal) to the communities whilst building a loyalty on savings made from purchase of products and services.
Full Project Scope
PHASE 1: THE SOCIAL NETWORK (www.’socialnetwork’.com) This social platform will able to accept a onetime membership registration from every resident subscribed to our service and allow members to
• create and manage profile pages
• share posts, comments and broadcast messages
• communicate via inbox and chat messaging
• search other users add as friends
• create and manage groups, pages in categories
• create and manage ads, polls, campaigns DESIGN
• The social platform should be designed using PHP scripts and MySQL database with clean coding and in a manner to support standard plugins and extensions to further extend customize the features of the platform.
• The design layout should be responsive so that the visitors to the site would not miss any bit or functionality irrespective of their device (Smartphone, tablet or PC)
• The database design should be created bearing in mind that the users information would be used to populate their relative information on the ecommerce module.
• The visual appeal and theme of the social networking site should be very similar to the ecommerce module.
• The design should be fully functional and very not complex.. similar to the www.nextdoor.com
• The design should have rooms for adverts and banners on sidebars, headers and footers
• The design should feature a classified listing feature to engage users in free sales and offerings of products and services to other registered members.
• Privacy is a critical element for this website Just like in the case of nextdoor.com see features below:
o Password-protected websites: Each website(neighbourhood) is password-protected and not accessible by search engines.
o Only real neighbors allowed: Each member must verify their address to join so you know you can trust who you are sharing with.
o Your personal information is safe: We will never share your information with third parties. Read nextdoor.com’s commitment to privacy.
• User Authentication again in relation to privacy, we have considered 3 levels:
o When users fill the registration form, their email address will receive an email with a link to verify the existence of the mail address
o Their phone number will also receive a text message with code which will have to be keyed into the person’s profile.
o Their person and physical address will have to be verified by a trusted resident (preferably in the case by estate chairman or a member of the committee/association of that neighborhood). So in order for the account that has been registered to by active, neighborhood endorsement is required.
PHASE2. eCommerce Module (store.’socialnetwork’.com or
SEE THE REST IN ATTACHEMENT
Other open jobs by this client
- Fixed-Price – School Adminstration and managmenent portal