Under close supervision, this position is responsible for providing engineering with hands on drafting support (2D & 3D) necessary for general layout of compressors, air-dryers, piping systems, structural skids, packaged assemblies, mechanical equipment, controls and manufacturing of assembly parts and installation of system. Duties include working in conjunction with design engineers, project and shop personnel to produce detailed lay outs, hand sketches and project notes that will be loaded into the software to produce the blueprints necessary to manufacture the product.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Develop detailed design drawings and specifications for compressors, air-dryers, piping systems, structural skids, packaged assemblies, mechanical equipment, dies/tools, controls, etc. using computer-assisted design and drafting (CADD) computer software
* Work in conjunction with design engineers, project and shop personnel to produce detailed lay outs, hand sketches/drawings and project notes to convert into CADD blueprints
* Review and analyze specifications, sketches, drawings, ideas, and related data to assess factors affecting component designs including the procedures and instructions to be followed
* Modify and revise designs to correct operating deficiencies or to reduce production problems
* Check dimensions of materials to be used and assign numbers to the materials
* Lay out and draw schematic, orthographic, or angle views to depict functional relationships of components, assemblies, systems, and machines
* Confer with shop personnel to review schematics and answer questions pertaining to assembly procedures and instructions
* Lay out, draw, and reproduce illustrations for reference manuals and technical publications to describe operation and maintenance of mechanical systems
* Verify the nominal fits of all parts as they are detailed from an overall layout
* Plot and manage CAD files, original plots per company standards and manage the electronic file backups.
* Incorporate red-lines to original drawings from shop drawings as delegated by engineering
* Self-check and correct all work prior to submitting for final review/production
* Create BOM
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Education and/or Experience:
* Minimum 1 year of computer aided drafting experience required
* A vocational certification is required
* Industrial process drafting experience is strongly preferred.
* Proficient in the use of all MSOffice applications
* Strong Autocadd experience required, Solidworks experience a plus
Other skills, Abilities or preferred Qualifications:
* Able to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, blueprints, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
* Able to write legible, routine correspondence and speak effectively as well as coherently with management and other employees
* General knowledge of the practical application of computer-assisted design and drafting, including applying principles, techniques, procedures, and various software applications in the design and production of various manufactured products
* General knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods
* Able to perform FMEA a plus
The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus (these requirements can be met with the use of corrective lenses).
Typical office environment. The employee may occasionally be exposed to outside weather conditions if traveling as well as during inspections and field visits.
Respond with a statement of intent (you may include a resume/cover letter), and send a copy of your most recent best work.
For more information about who we are, please visit www.peg-inc.com.