Education Customer Service Virtual Assistant
Closed - This job posting has been filled and work has been completed.
If you are accurate, conscientious, a disciplined worker, and want to be part of a harmonious team, then you might be right for this position!
Deadline For Applications Is September 20, 2013.
Interviews will be held until October 2, 2013.
Who We Are:
There are many talented Virtual Assistants that would love to help support small business owners but struggle with finding a full workload. Essential Pursuit, Inc., founded in April 2010, provides the team of talented Virtual Assistants (You!) with the ability to fill their billable hours while helping small business owners focus on their Essential Pursuit – not only surviving, but breaking through to thriving! Essential Pursuit, Inc. takes the burden of specific administrative projects off the small business owner’s plate, and frees them to pursue the income producing activities that their business needs to thrive.
As the Education Customer Service Virtual Assistant Your Specific Responsibilities Include:
• Record Maintenance: You will receive requests to track individual’s continuing education units and update a spreadsheet using filters and tables.
• Online Training Software Maintenance: Make text updates, update training settings for individuals and resolve requests for updating individual’s records.
• Certification Process Maintenance: Track and fill requests for a certification process.
• Teleseminar Process Maintenance: Collect documents from speakers, update website (No HTML/WordPress/coding required), create products and downloads in shopping cart.
• Documentation Creation and Maintenance: Update current documentation as needed and create documentation to create better systems.
• Make recommendations to improve the processes.
You will work in cooperation with the owner and other virtual assistants to help provide excellent customer service and high quality of work for a specific client. You may be offered to assist with other clients if your time and skills allows.
The majority of our clients are stable, long-term relationships; therefore the perfect candidate will be interested in a long-term commitment with us!
Apply ONLY IF You Have…
• A high aptitude to learn new software quickly.
• Excellent follow-through skills and a professional demeanor.
• Eagerness to work and above average problem solving skills.
• Superior verbal and written communication skills.
• An exceptional eye for detail and accuracy, which is critical for this position.
• The ability to work independently.
• The understanding that mistakes are learning opportunities that still need to be communicated to the company so that they can be addressed.
• A history of being consistent and timely. This position requires replies to calls and emails within 24 hours, sooner if possible.
• The ability to respond every time, and post the work quickly.
• The understanding that our expectation is that you notify us at least two days in advance if you will not be available, so that we can find someone else to cover during that time of absence.
Straight Up: This position is NOT for you if…
• Your schedule is already loaded with clients and you are strapped for time.
• Patience with people is not your strong suit.
• Multitasking makes you cringe.
• You need to be told what to do daily. We expect Virtual Assistants to say “Here is how I can help.”
Software Systems Used in this Position:
• Microsoft Word (Basic knowledge needed)
• Microsoft Excel (Will be using filters and tables)
• Light HTML
• Constant Contact/Mailchimp (No design, just entry into templates)
• File compression/Zipping software
• iGive and Wild Apricot (Client’s software, prior knowledge not required)
For the first week, you must be available a minimum of two hours daily for training and working with us on becoming familiar with the client. This position does require some daytime hours, however the actual hours the work is performed is extremely flexible. Weekends are not required. Work load will be increased to 20 hours per week within two months.
How to Apply:
To apply for this position, answer the following questions. Please do not skip any questions. Any applications submitted that do not follow these instructions 100% will automatically be removed from consideration.
1. How does your background and experience fit the requirements for this role? Include any specific trainings or skill sets that would provide extra value for this position. You can provide a cover letter and resume, a webpage link, a resume, or include a list of your relevant work experience in the response itself.
2. Why does this opportunity excite you?
3. Share an example of your Customer Service skills.
4. What are the top 3 characteristics that you have that we should consider when reviewing your application?
5. What is 2 + 2? (I know! Math!)
6. What are your own goals for 2013 and beyond and how does this opportunity fit those goals?
Thank you for your interest in this position.