Image Comparison Using Java (using simple Histogram)
Closed - This job posting has been filled and work has been completed.
We are looking for a JAVA developer to create a application able to compare image files based upon visual similarities, and re-order them based upon the results. The application will also have a second ability to search for files similar to a selected inputted file.
It is proposed that the application will use the following two techniques for visual comparison of files:
1. Histogram Analysis
2. Fuzzy hashing
A JAVA application able to:
• Sort a directory (and files in enclosed subdirectories) of image files based on similarity to each other file in the folder. The results will show batch groups of similar files together one after another.
• Search for similar files to a single inputted file
• Output the results of the sort using one of the following 3 methods (selected by the user):
1. By renaming the image files with a select prefix (e.g. changing test.jpg to 01-test.jpg).
2. By creating an XML file showing the file details and the order/position in which it appears once sorted in select tags (e.g. <new order>1</new order>).
3. By adjusting a pre-exiting XML file which current notes the order of the file. In this instance a copy of the original XML will be made and the tag that contains the old file order will need to be updated. Sample XML will be sent to shortlisted candidates.
• Complete the sort/search and output the results as fast as possible (must include multithreading)
• Work as accurately as possible
• Work efficiently
• Be run via a very simple GUI or command line
- Must work on Windows, Mac and Linux
- Be developed in JAVA and able to be integrated into further scripts and applications
- Java GUI front end using NetBeans or Eclipse Window Builder
- Must perform efficiently, and with a good accuracy (including multithreading)
- Must be able to handle the sort and search of millions of files in the same sort
- All parts of this development must be free for commercial usage
- A simple usage guide, along with a selection of test data must be supplied to the project owner
- Able to sort all common image file formats
- All parts of this project must comply with applicable UK law
+ This is a fixed price project, with the budget specified
+ No upfront payments, but milestone payments are negotiable
+ Only bids which follow these guidelines will be considered
+ A developer for this project is required ASAP