We're a UK travel website looking for native English writers with outstanding writing skills to join our team on a freelance basis. You’ll be writing about some of our sites/customers, covering the specifics of the site and what local attractions are nearby.
You must have experience in article writing, ideally in travel, and have clippings to show this.
We have a strong pipeline of continuing work and are looking for a long-term relationship with a number of writers - the workload will be flexible depending on how many pieces you can write.
1. Around 400-600 word descriptions of some of our campsites
2. Meticulous attention to detail and able to incorporate all features needed in the description without being dry, writing a list or repeating existing copy
3. Original 100% unique copy, passing Copyscape
4. Relatively factual rather than based on opinion or person travel experiences
5. Relaxed, informal tone without promotional content
6. Minimal editing and checking to be required - high-quality writing is our top priority
7. The descriptions will be updated each year; however some elements of them should not be necessary to update
8. Target audience is UK
- Proven track record and experience of article writing, blogging and/or copy writing and preferably travel, with clippings
- Part time or full time
- A+ native English and excellent writing skills
- Awareness of main UK holiday destinations, and first-hand experience of travelling in the UK
- Initiative and ability to suggest future topics
- Ability to meet deadlines without fail and complete work quickly
- Prompt communication - ask if you have problems, clarifications or concerns, or suggestions to improve our way of work
- Ideally you'll own a copy of Fowler's Modern English Usage
Your offer is requested for these original descriptions with the following information:
- Covering note, with links to portfolio examples
- Est. number of descriptions you could produce per week
- Bid for a week's worth of descriptions
- Whether you are interested in a long-term relationship with rates
- Sample 300 word article on a place in the UK of your choice, with what to see and do there and nearby (this will go towards your paid total if accepted, but applications without this sample will be refused).
Shortlisted applicants will then be asked to write a full description of 400-600 words, based on examples from our site.
Skills: english, writing