Python back-end developer for startup proof of concept prototype
Mecenato (mcnto.com), a rising global network of creative people, is looking for a part-time, Western Europe-based Python back-end developer to work on a tiny team that will develop a first prototype for a proof of concept.
What's expected from you?
• To write code that connects multiple APIs together to create an useful dashboard of information;
• To deploy and test code on our current Mediatemple (grid) server account;
• To commit and keep track of code changes using a Github repository;
• Great knowledge of API authorization and interaction;
Proposed technology stack
• CSS or LESS CSS;
• Git (Github)
• Mediatemple (grid) hosting;
What's our ideal candidate?
• Someone that writes nicely styled and commented code;
• Someone that externalizes constantly their thoughts, that is used to online project management tools (we use Basecamp), that is organized enough to track their own timesheets and reports;
• You will work with one UX/Interactive Art Director, and potentially with a dedicated front-end designer;
What we hope for
• A medium to long-term, (mostly) remote relationship where we can build up a strong understanding of each other and the content strategy we are aiming to create for this company;
• We hope to keep in touch over Skype or Google Hangouts and debate every 7 days or so;
• We hope to have at some code committed weekly;
A bit of background on us
Mecenato started out in February of 2013. We are a small, decentralized startup network in the field of communication, tech and user experience. Our clients are agencies and brands. We come from a commercial advertising background.
We are currently aiming from someone with sharp English communication skills and in Western Europe so that we can share most of our daily online time together (we are based in Central European Time at the moment).
In your cover letter, please share with me at least one online Python project that you have contributed to. A Github link is a plus. Applications without that answer will be automatically me dismissed.