Linux System Administrator for ongoing part time role
Experienced Linux system administrator required for ongoing occasional (ad hoc) work.
Familiarity with Debian and Red Hat derivatives (eg Ubuntu, CentOS) required.
To be successful in this role you must have a working knowledge of most of the following, and have a willingness to learn:
* Web Servers: Apache / Nginx / Lighttpd
* Databases: MySQL / PostgreSQL
* Email Servers: Postfix / Dovecot / Exim
* BIND / SSH
* Knowledge of networking protocols and practices
* Must be proactive and have good problem solving skills
* Must be reliable
* Willingness to learn new things
* Knowledge of systems automation tools and shell scripting
When replying please include any relevant experience where you have solved a problem with any of the above services. If you have a blog, please provide a link.
Skills: linux, redhat, apache