A Simulator for Intel8086 Microprocessor with Arabic Syntax Semi-Assembly
Closed - This job posting has been filled and work has been completed.
In this project an Arabic syntax for the Intel8086 microprocessor is introduced for a subset of its instructions. The mnemonics will be represented by Arabic short words that are equivalent to those in English and easy to read and remember and have the same meaning for the instructions operations.
In order to complete the work on this application as required you must do the following:
1. Designing and developing a simulator for the Intel8086 Microprocessor hardware functional units in order to test and verify and execute assembly programs written in Arabic syntax.
- Developing the simulator at the functional and register levels to be used in educational purposes.
2. Defining the hardware functional units and the internal architecture of the Intel8086 Microprocessor that are involved in executing the Arabic assembly programs..
3. Developing the Semi-Assembler:
a. Designing the Arabic mnemonics and instructions syntax for those selected instructions:
ADD, AND, CMP, DEC, HLT, IDIV, IMUL, INC, MOV, NEG, NOP, NOT, OR, SUB, XCHG, XOR, JE, JG, JGE, JL, JLE, JNE, JNG, JNL, JZ, JO.
b. Implementing the assembler.
4. System Integration and Testing:
a. Integrating the assembler with the simulator in one package.
b. Testing the system for its integrity and functionality.
1. Attached at the end of the work:
a.The written source code for this project.
b. A documentation of the classes and all the functions and methods written in the source code.
2. Design a WinForms interface using a visual studio C# programming language.
3. A Suggested step to finish this work: Designing the Assembler with the instruction syntax as ADD, SUB, ..etc.; then translate it into Arabic.