Position: Senior Java Engineer (Contract)
Location: San Francisco, California
***Contractor must sit onsite***
GoPago, Inc., is re-imagining the way consumers and brick-and-mortar businesses use smartphones and tablets for commerce -- giving merchants a total payment solution, including credit card, cash and mobile payments that creates operational efficiency while building customer loyalty and engagement. The San Francisco-based company was founded in 2009 and expanded nationwide with the launch of GoPago LIVE, an integrated and revolutionary POS in August 2012.
Our Engineering team is looking for a Senior Java Engineer to perform a 6-8 week contract. This engineer will architect a scalable Java platform to support e-commerce transactions. This role is helping to drive the handling of merchant business intelligence.
The main duties of the Java Engineer will be:
• Architecting a Java-based server to handle e-commerce transactions and communicate with a Ruby on Rails platform.
• Leading and mentoring junior Java team members the in’s and out’s of the system you create.
• Expert knowledge of server side Java development
• Expert knowledge of the Spring framework
• Seasoned experience with Tomcat/Jetty Web Servers
• Experience with Linux, Ubuntu a plus
• Familiarity with MySQL5
• Prior development with Ruby a plus
• Familiarity with AWS a plus
• Experience mentoring other engineers
• Bachelors or Masters Degree in Computer Science
• Minimum five years experience within Java