IT Network Manager - Bangalore, India with MNC, Fortune 1000 Organization
Position: Network Manager
You will work within a diverse team of IT specialists predominantly developing and maintaining the organizations’Asia-Pacific network and associated technologies.
You will have an opportunity to provide input, further develop and apply your technical skills and guidance to engineer new and existing environments to the high availability, high capacity requirements the business needs.
Your career will grow directly with the success of our company.
To be successful within this role, you will require proven qualifications in the following areas:
* Wide Area Network Management & Security, Design, and Implementation & Maintenance.
* Networking - Firewalls, LANs, WANs, Switches, Patch Panels,
* Network Demand management, Traffic Shaping, Trend forecasting, delivering Capacity and Availability Management.
* Maintains thorough knowledge of existing network and/or security hardware and software in use to provide third-tier technical and administrative support.
* Reviews network and/or security service/maintenance arrangements.
* Design and maintain network environments to comply with relevant compliance standards (e.g. PCI, HIPAA, Sarbanes-Oxley)
* Develops business continuity and disaster recovery plans, and maintains current knowledge of plan executables.
* Responds to critical network outages in accordance with business continuity and disaster recovery plans.
* Relevant tertiary degree (Network Engineering or similar)
* CCNA, CCNP
General Administration responsibilities will include:
* Asset Management (Network asset audit, monitoring & inventory control)
* Network Change Administration (New service sizing, cost estimating, Procurement, Implementation)
* Vendor Invoice processing for services under responsibility.
On a personal level, you will be a self starter; with a pro-active and client-focused attitude and approach.
You will be comfortable dealing directly with business, and in providing start-to-finish management and troubleshooting / resolution of issues and requests. Excellent written and oral communication skills are therefore essential.
Knowledge of (Or certifications in):
* Firewall & Network Security design and implementation
* Intrusion Detection
* Telecommunications - (PABX / IP Telephony)
* Routing Protocol (OSPF and BGP)
Skills: management, design, switches, engineering, administration, troubleshooting