Looking for a full-time experienced PHP Architect / Team Lead
You will lead the Engineering team, report directly to the Owner, work on product strategy, and be charged with architecting, building, and going through the full gambit of the SDLC to ensure this web-based product is completely transformed.
This is an outstanding opportunity working for a high traffic website. We are looking for a PHP Architect/Team Lead with an extensive MySQL experience. The ideal candidate should work well in a team environment and be self-motivated. This position is telecommute. No travel is required.
We believe we have a fantastic product, but since its creation, the application has since has grown increasingly complex, and we need someone to take over and add new features and functionalities.
You will be expected to plan, research, develop logic, code, test and deploy several Web components for the web site with minimal assistance. You should know how to build a PHP web application from the ground up, as well as modify and build on existing code. You should know PHP & MySQL like the back of your hand.
- Development & maintenance of SlingFile’s web applications
- Take ownership for the design and implementation of the components to meet application needs.
- Understand end user requirements and translate to design, code and implementation.
- Review current architecture and code base
- Conduct high level and detailed design based on requirements
- Define the evolution of the architecture
- Accurately outlining work task breakdowns for programming side of new modules and components
- Accurately estimating time frames for work completion and hitting them
- Establishing best development practice in the team.
- Provide mentoring to other team members on best practices.
- Self motivated, take ownership of the product.
- Work well in a small, entrepreneurial environment.
- Helping to design flexible Back End services to support the application.
- Identifying bottlenecks in, and profiling of the application codebase.
- Code when necessary
- Develop database code (SQL, MySQL stored procedures, and shell scripting)
- Ensuring quality of work through development and implementation of QA procedures and standards
- Embrace and believe in agile software engineering practices
- Solid understanding of cross-browser technology issues and how these can be addressed in development.
- Ability to be hands on -architect, code, and lead a team.
- A practiced philosophy of Test Driven Development.
- Commercial experience scaling and tuning PHP web applications.
- Experience working on high-volume websites.
- Experience in performance tuning (SQL optimization, indexing optimization, storage engine optimization and schema optimization)
- Project management a plus
- Must write efficient code with documentation.
- Can read and work with code written by others.
- Strong experience debugging code.
- Must be a team player, possess a positive attitude and be self-disciplined.
As the company continues to grow, you along with the owner will headline an effort to hire 3-4 additional Developers and Designers over the next few years. We are in high-growth mode and this next hire will take them to the next level. We need a player/coach - a person who enjoys building applications, leading a team, and thinking critically about the direction they are taking the product.
This company is profitable, stable and growing. This position comes with an excellent compensation.
* WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU:
- Tons of growth potential!
- Work from home
- Competitive base salary
- Flexible hours
Skills: design, shell-scripting, qa, linux, mobile-application-development