Collect logs/data from NoCatSplash system to LAMP server and send out monthly report
Closed - This job posting has been filled and work has been completed.
Need the following task list to be completed.
We have an existing DD-WRT router running NoCatSplash. This router logs the DHCP clients into a file which can be used to track customer counts. We need a generic solution to grab these customer counts on a daily basis and then provide a monthly report which totals the number of users accessing the system.
1. Access an existing DD-WRT system running NoCatSplash to grab daily logs to capture the number of unique users accessing the system.
2. Collect the data onto a dedicate LAMP server that can aggregate the logs and then provide a monthly report that is emailed out showing the total number of users for the prior month.
3. The data should be kept for a total of 6 months before log/database rotation.
4. Data can be stored in either flat files or database format. This does not need to be complicated.
5. Will need to setup SSH key logon from the DD-WRT to the LAMP server and vice versa.
6. Emails should be sent out on the 1st of the month.
7. Depending on the solution, data can be captured as needed throughout the day via SSH.
8. We are open to suggestions to help simplify this project based on the previous notes, as long as the main objective is achieved.
We would like an estimated cost and time of completion to perform the work.