Personal Assistant - Keeping me and my Business organized
Closed - This job posting has been filled and work has been completed.
I'm looking for a key positive, upbeat, organized, friendly, intelligent person that can help me throughout my work day do multiple tasks to keep me and my multiple business interests organized and on-track. Needs to be able to work New York business time.
I really want a person that can do the following and more:
1. Handle 90% of my email on my behalf. I have a Consulting / Training business as my primary business, as well as have several other internet related projects on the go. Much of the email involves co-ordinating people (outsourcer-to-outsourcer and Outsourcer-to-customer).
2. Tracking projects on a spreadsheet or project management software. These projects can be totally different animals from Training courses, to web-site development, to SEO, to Transcription jobs etc. Required is an ability to organize, anticipate problems, and provide good solutions to the problems.
3. Appointment booking: My core business requires me to meet with people in person and on the phone, and I need someone to co-ordinate my schedule (I use Salesforce and Google Calendar) and keep me on track.
4. Data Entry: I have Leads that need to be entered in a central database (Salesforce) as well as well as transcribing hand-written documents and Audio-recordings (usually very short summarizing a client meeting and some actions to take).
5. Phone call work: Sometimes calling customers to answer their questions, booking my appointments, and sometimes following up proposals.
6. Some on-line recruiting on my behalf. Hiring for transcription jobs, SEO, Web-site design etc, using tools like Elance, Odesk, Guru and others.
7. Word, Excel, Powerpoint skills to create simple documents/proposals under my direction. If you can make my Proposal's and Presentations 'Look nice' I'm happy.
There is more, but these are the primary functions.
I really want someone that has great INITIATIVE, is smart, thinks of my business success almost as much as I do, and is willing to work hard. I want someone who can make me look good. I want someone that is willing to offer suggestions to me if you think that something can be done better or more efficiently, and willing to speak up if you see that.
English needs to be very strong - Verbal and Written - because you will be corresponding with people on my behalf.
I work in a very "positive business" and if you have read How to Win Friends and Influence People by Dale Carnegie would be critical to dealing with clients and as a way of doing business. (Familiarize yourself with it on-line if you haven't read it before applying).
I am partial to Assistants from the Philippines but will consider all applicants. The reason I like Filipinos is the English ability, skill level, and pay range are good. I've had a good experience for the most part in the past.
Skills: training, english, internet-browsing, computer-literacy, customer-relations