I am looking for someone to make an installer (as unified .EXE or .MSI installer) for an MS Office 2010 VSTO .Net Plugin, ideally using an open or free installer system (such as NSIS, InnoSetup, MSI Scripting, etc), however, an Installshield installer or other commercially-based installation system is acceptable as long as both the installer project files are provided as well as the compiled installer at the end of the project.
The source/script/files of the installation project will be required as I will have to be able to rebuild the project myself (The installer won't have to be modified subsequently besides incrementing the version number and replacing the .DLL and .VSTO files related to my plugin.
The installer should be able to do or check for the following:
- Work under Windows XP and Windows 7 (however it should not reject installation on Vista or Windows Server 2003/2008 if one wishes to do so, however the main focus is to get this working right under XP and Windows 7.)
- Detect the correct Program Files path depending if the system is 32 or 64 bit.
- Detect if Office 2010 or Outlook 2010 is installed.
- Detect if MS Office or Outlook 2010 Service Pack 1 is installed.
- Detect if the MS Office 2010 VSTO Runtimes Redistributable is installed
- Detect if .NET Framework is installed (3.0/4.0+)
- Detect if MS Outlook is currently running (needs to be turned off in order to overwrite previous plugin)
- Create the appropriate registry key so the plugin is enabled/activated by default for all users on the computer
- The installer must install missing dependencies (such as .NET runtimes, etc)
- The installer must include or download and install the full VSTO/VSTA runtimes, regardless of wether or not they are being used by the plugin
- (optional/ideally) Detect previous versions of itself and offer to upgrade or remove the previous installation (and without creating duplicate entries for the same application in Add/Remove Programs)
- (optional/ideally) The installer should be able to detect which version of MS Office or Outlook is installed, and install a different set of DLL's for Office 2010 and Office 2013.
- Installer project source files will be required in order to publish updated versions of our software.
Please let me know which installer system you intend to use when applying to this post.
Please feel free to ask any questions or comments about this project.
Skills: .net, application-design, vista