Research: How profits from the fossil fuel industry are distributed
Based on multiple academic, professional, and otherwise reputable sources, the selected researcher will find and list figures that help explain how the profits from the fossil fuel industry are distributed in the United States.
Here's a sample list of the kind of numbers we are looking for:
The fossil fuel industry generates $$ in profits
Of this amount ...
- what percentage of the profit from this industry goes to banks and other financial companies?
- what percentage of the profit goes to the major oil and gas companies?
- what percentage goes to companies that provide services to the oil and gas companies
- what percentage of this is invested in projects that benefit society?
- what percentage f this goes to the workers that are employed in the fossil fuel industry?
- how much is spent on lobbyists?
other beneficiaries will likely need to be added so that when we add the percentages they add up to close to 100%. Miscellaneous beneficiaries can be grouped as other
Additionally, the researcher will attempt to quantify the fossil fuel industry's externalized costs, such as damage to the environment, public health, and workers health.
Skills: research, economics, energy-industry-consulting, english