The Wikimedia fundraiser receives donations from over 1 million donors worldwide each year. As a result, we get a large volume of email including helpful suggestions, questions, and problems donating. The Fundraising Donor Service Associate will provide support to the fundraising team in answering this correspondence as well as categorizing this data for optimization of the fundraiser. They will have access to payment portals to process refunds and, as a result, will be expected to use a high degree of discretion and problem solving skills.
Please note: We will require an intensive hands-on training period and the candidate will be expected to deliver exceptional results while exercising a high degree of independence. This position is most suited for someone who can commit to checking in daily (or at least 3-4 times a week) for at least 6 months.
Scope of Work
* Checking email daily and answering incoming emails from donors using templates in our donor email system.
* Using categorization systems to categorize emails and phone calls based on needed data (donation problems, translation issues, country of origin, language, payment type, etc.)
* Providing support your manager with feedback on major donor issues.
* Research donor issues to provide clear responses, utilizing all tools readily available (CiviCRM, payment gateways, etc.)
* Log your daily feedback on donation issues and complaints, with an emphasis on problems with multiple emails complaints, and communicate those issues daily to your direct supervisor
* Optimization of categorization methods and boilerplate responses through constant feedback and research into donor issues
The Hiring Process
* Please send us a short cover letter telling us why you would be the perfect candidate for this position. Highlight any relevant past experience.
* This position requires a native English speaker.
* Attention to detail and ability to project manage your own work
* Excellent judgement - you will need to work independently and communicate your progress clearly to your supervisor
* Ability to learn and work with new systems and databases, including google docs
* Excellent research skills and proactive problem solving attitude
Skills: training, research, english