Web Content Writers (native English only)
Closed - This job posting has been filled.
A personal PR firm is seeking skilled, detailed writers experienced in writing web copy. This is a remote contract position with flexible hours. We utilize our team of writers on an ongoing basis so this is not a one-time project.
As a writer, you will create original content for professional biographies and topical articles. Client base includes executives, professionals, and businesses.
The ideal candidate will consistently write content that meets the following standards: solid organization and good flow, clear language and word choice, professional tone, appropriate length, and correct spelling, punctuation, and syntax.
- You will write high-quality biographies and articles. The typical format of an article is 150 words about a topic closely related to a specific person or business.
- Source data will be provided, so you will not be required to research each person or business when writing a biography. Light research is required for articles, but topics can be selected from the information provided to you.
- We follow the Chicago Manual of Style. Any deviations from CMS will be detailed for you.
- You will be paid a set rate of $7.50 per biography or article (net pay after oDesk fees).
- We also offer monthly bonuses of $1.50 per content piece (for a total of $9.00 per piece) based on task level completion and quality scores.
- Experience writing professionally is preferred, but we will also consider current or recently graduated college students.
- You can be based anywhere in the world, but you must have a good command of the English language.
- Willingness to submit an email address and be added to our common platform for communication purposes.
- This is a part-time project, but we require each writer to claim and complete a minimum of five tasks each week in order to remain under contract.
- Agency contractors will not be considered at this time.
1) Please ensure that you have completed the Education and Employment History sections on the Resume tab of your oDesk contractor profile.
2) Take the U.S. English Basic Skills Test and English Spelling Test (US version) on oDesk.
3) With your cover letter, please include responses to the following questions:
a) What is your native language?
b) In what additional languages (if any) are you fluent?
Other open jobs by this client
- Fixed-Price – Experienced Press Release Writers Needed ASAP
- Fixed-Price – High Quality Content Writer Needed For High Profile Clients
- Fixed-Price – Skilled Web Content Writers Wanted