Support Position at a Software Firm $1000/month
**Please read the requirements thoroughly**
We are a company that, in part, sells high-end software to individuals. We are searching for someone with the following characteristics, to help with customer support:
- An extremely strong work ethic
- A high fluency in English
- A high level of proficiency and experience in basic communication (Knowing how to use instant messengers, ability to write quickly in English, and be responsive is extremely important)
- An ability to spot patterns and document them with software issues so that recurring problems become easier to fix.
- detail oriented, good at understanding technical task descriptions
(for example being comfortable with following a detailed technical description about how to edit specific bitmaps)
The long term outlook for the role consists mostly of these four points:
1. Being available on an instant messenger program for our customers to provide chat-support.
2. Helping to set up the software for new customers and helping clients adapt the setup of the software when their needs evolve.
3. Helping out with technical tasks like some graphics editing (no artistic skills required), testing the software after updates or development changes.
4. Internet research, sometimes VA-type work
Availability and reliability is the most important thing we are looking for. We are looking for someone who is willing to be available between 10 and 12 hours per day on an instant messenger program, as it is imperative that any applicant is extremely responsive to messages from our clients. The applicant we choose will very likely be the applicant who is most reliable and most available as well as most accurate in diagnosing in solving basic technical issues first and foremost as we offer a high-end service and we need/expect very fast response times.
Additional Requirements for the position:
- Experience trouble-shooting software would be a big plus, but it's not an absolute requirement.
Technical knowledge is necessary. However, specific technical knowledge is not critical. You do not need to be a programmer to apply and applicants will undergo a training process. However, at the very least you should be very "technically literate" and know computers and software well.
Being able to communicate efficiently in English through a chat program fluently is critical.
Applicants should use the term "Red String" in the subject of your application. If you do not do this, you will not be considered.
Please explain what you generally eat for breakfast in the morning in your application (only 1-2 lines is fine for an answer)
This is a full time job opening where an applicant would be able to work remotely from their home. This job would be approximately 8 hours per day for five days and an availability of ten hours for ~6 days/week.
Pay for the job would be a fixed monthly amount in the $800-$1000 range depending on time commitment.