RFP for Web-Based Business Directory Application
Closed - This job posting has been filled.
UPDATE: We have identified and hired a contractor for this job. We would like to thank everyone for their entries and proposals.
NOTE: Be sure to visit: https://backup.filesanywhere.com/f
Only apply if you have at least 100hrs of Odesk Experienced and at least 4.5 ratings. Thank-you.
Stakeholders want to develop a new web-based searchable business directory application. The search application is designed so that individuals and businesses can easily search for community based businesses. The web-based business directory is intended to provide a quick, easy, and user friendly searchable business directory. Teamed with Marketing efforts, the application will be expected to allow businesses to register, users to perform a search, and users to be presented with businesses which meet their submitted search criteria. We were looking for a Asp.Net MVC application, but are completely open to a PHP solution due to budget constraints.
The goal of the web-based business directory is to create a user-focused, strategic business directory and marketing tool that supports the vision and goals of the stakeholders’ aligned plan.
The client’s centralized purposes of the application are to provide services in these specific areas:
• Clean, user-friendly, cross device compatible web application that is enticing to view and visit.
• Powerful, instant search that utilizes user’s geo-location to help deliver the most relevant businesses.
• Provide a streamline process for businesses and users to register and obtain beneficial metrics and engage in services such as feedback
• Easily generate quality content from an internally maintained CMS, Blog, and 3rd party supplied Content Distribution Service.
• Providing an interface for user management, business management, and access control.
The Selection Process
With the experienced web project management team from Polo1 (the Team) providing leadership and facilitating the overall process, the stakeholders’ and the Team thoroughly researched the Content Management System (CMS) market and reviewed the technical/business needs and current/planned infrastructure. The Team created software documentation, industry research, and Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) estimates. They conducted in-person interviews with potential customers and users, held stakeholder input meetings. This information they gathered is available in more detail at: https://backup.filesanywhere.com/f
The Team assisted the stakeholders’ to agree on an attainable goal that met their immediate and distant needs by partitioning the project into separate Phases. Their goal for Phase 1 is to identify a suite of tools that best supports the stakeholders’ requirements for the short to mid-term needs, but would also support the longer-term goals and strategies of e-commerce and custom native mobile application development; and have a functional minimal feature application available for deployment by May 15, 2013.
High Level Selection Criteria
The following is the criteria that will be used by the Team to guide it through the selection process.
• Quality References of comparable application
• Quality Design of comparable application
• Quality Functionality of comparable application
• Experience with similar, consumer, web application development. (Dynamic, user-friendly, and great look and feel)
• Functional Requirements experience
• Quality of Proposal
• Estimated Delivery Date (Please provide schedule of deliverable/milestone completion)
• Total Cost of Development (Please provide itemized cost)
Skills: marketing, mvc, management, leadership, facilitating, research, design