Ruby on Rails / Spree Extension / Product Catalogue
Closed - This job posting has been filled.
"This extension provides functionality to generate custom PDF product catalouges built to work on readonly cloud servers like Heroku. It also has ability cache the catalogues on your S3 file server."
We started to work on this module for Spree but due to a tight schedule we looking for someone to help us finish it.
- basic controllers helpers and methods
- configuration/preferences (admin part so we later can extend with some theme options)
- prawn? or do we have a better gem for this job?
- lib/ pdf class methods
- pdf template (basic and minimal with good space between objects to work for i18n)
- hook it with the wishlist extension so users can generate catalogue by their wishlists.
- DelayedJob is required to make this work without eating up a dyno
- tests >= 95% coverage
Note: Lots of inspiration can be found in the spree_print_invoice extension, big difference is that we use products instead of orders and that we generate bulk.
This is a job for anyone that are very comfortable with Rails, RSpec and Capybara. Knowledge of Spree or at least that you can understand its API quick.
How to apply
1, Please checkout the source code of the project before you apply, its open for all so you can just git clone it and test it out.
2, Don't apply please with irrelevant long CV and showcases from your copy & past bin, write a short message with relevant info about the task (we Ruby developers to and like things short and techy).
3, Don't apply please if you think you can include learning Spree in the hours paid, update yourself on your spare time.
4, It would be nice if you send us your Github profile link and Skype id so we can start chat at once.
6. PLEASE DO NOT APPLY IF YOU CANNOT START AT ONCE.
7. No corporate nonsense or other long sales pitches please, we are coders who wanna work with coders so let the jobs pull requests (and your Github profile) do the talking.
1. Clone our fork and use it as upstream.
2. Keep your pull requests in sync with your work hours.
3. Follow the styleguide https://github.com/thoughtbot/guid
4. Use new ruby hash syntax.
Spree dev docs: http://guides.spreecommerce.com/de
- By Skype
- You can also at IRC freenode.org ask for help if you get stuck at #spree