Erlang samples and cool realtime visualizations for Concurix!
Concurix is building a highly scalable operating system for data centers based around Linux and the Erlang programming language.
We have launched our first product, a pre-configured Amazon AMI with optimized Linux and Erlang and a set of cool real time visualization tools (written in D3.js) to help developers understand what is going on in their systems better.
Check out www.concurix.com for more details.
We are looking to build out our suite of sample projects to explain the power of the visualization tools. Each sample project should be a small, self-contained code sample that shows some aspect of scalability (or non-scalability) across multi-core systems. For example, a good sample would show how to use Erlang processes to scale, and another sample would show how message passing can become a bottleneck if all processes are sending messages to just one other process and waiting for a reply.
Each sample should meet the following criteria for acceptance:
1. Pre-approved topic (so we don't have overlapping samples).
2. Written in Erlang and tested against the Concurix AMI on Amazon EC2 using the visualization tools (see http://www.concurix.com/main/produ
3. Relatively short code (1-2 pages of code max) and well commented. The sample should have a start/0 method for single invocation and a loop/0 method to run in an endless loop with realtime visualizations enabled.
4. Have a 1-2 paragraph explanatory note in English describing the lesson or insight demonstrated by the sample.
5. A screenshot of the Concurix visualization of your sample.
We plan to post these samples on our website, so again the goal is to be simple and and clear.
This job is similar to our fixed price job, except that by accepting this one we will pay your hourly rate plus a $10 dollar bonus per sample to cover any Amazon hosting fees. It is expected that a skilled developer can do a sample in an hour or two per sample.
In your response back, please describe the sample you intend to build.
We would like to have all samples done by Feb 26th 2013 for this round of work.
Skills: amazon, english