LONG-TERM, FULLTIME SPANISH WRITERS for TRAVEL GUIDES
Closed - This job posting has been filled.
Research work for building travel guide.
* FLEXIBLE WORK HOURS
* THE MORE YOU WORK, THE BETTER
* MINIMUM 30 HOURS / WEEK
* Base $3/hr with PERFORMANCE BONUSES
Our company is dedicated to the creation of travel guides using open-sourced content from the internet. We have information for over 5000 destinations and in up to six languages. We are currently improving the quality of our guides.
We need a quality check for our guides, proofreading and completing with more information by researching the web or translating from other languages.
We are using as a source wikivoyage.org/wikitravel.org/wiki
- translation CAN NOT come from an automatically translated source (for example, google translate)
- it is permitted to use open source content or content under creative commons (with a license that permits its commercial use).
- the text generated CAN NOT have copyrighted images or text (that come from a non-open-sourced site or offline content).
- if the content comes from a source that is not wikivoyage.org, wikitravel.org or wikipedia.org it is necessary to refernce the URL and the license
- to create a travel guide in the desired language for the chosen destination with information that comes from existing content on guiomatic.com, wikitravel.org, wikipedia.org or another open source for commercial use (requires specific URL of the source and the URL to be referenced).
- the guide should have approximately 5000 words
- the content created and/or translated should be coherent inside the travel guide. This mean, it should have useful information for the traveler: “how to get to the destination”, “what to see while you are there”, “what to do”, “how to get around”, “safety”, “shopping”, “nightlife”, “places to eat, drink and sleep”, “advice about the destination”, “history”, etc. (use the suggested index)
Be Aware of the Following:
- the translation is subjective therefore phrases can be change or added, or the order of them can be changed, etc.
- some phrases, paragraphs or even sections may be eliminated (meanwhile always following the restrictions)
Steps to Follow:
1. Choose a destination and language in the corresponding google docs list and mark it as “in process”
2. Find the source of the content (wikivoyage.org, wikitravel.org, wikipedia.org, guiomatic.com/panel)
3. Translate/create the content in the required language.
4. Once the translation is finished, add new content via the online control panel under your use
our company link: http://business.guiomatic.com/