Design of Wi-Fi-Modbus converter.
The modbus converter should convert Modbus TCP/IP messages over Wifi to Modbus RTU messages over RS485 and vice versa.
This job is for the first Phase of the project: proof of concept. (phase 1 in the attached document)
Your task would be to:
1. Find suitable off-the-shelf hardware
2. Order and receive the hardware (we will pay for the purchase)
3. Link the hardware together
4. Write software for the converter to test the core functionality (any compatible platform will suffice: c/linux/android/etc...)
5 Test the converter using any standard modbus device.
6. Deliver the hardware and software by mail to our development center (we will pay for shipping)
Please see attached doc for more details.
Applicants, please include this information in your application:
1. What experience do you have with embedded software design?
2. What experience do you have with Wifi design?
3. What experience do you have with serial protocols?
4. What experience do you have with modbus protocols?
5. What experience do you have with embedded web server design?