Germany Marketing Manager
Closed - This job posting has been filled.
Important: The person we're looking for needs to be fluent in German and needs to be physically located in Germany or have lived in Germany for long years. Please do not apply for this role if you do not meet these requirements.
AnchorFree is the maker of the application, Hotspot Shield. Hotspot Shield is the World's most popular Internet security and privacy application, which is available for PCs, Macs, iOS and Android devices. Hotspot Shield users benefit from an anonymous and secure browsing (all their Internet traffic is encrypted), and also from the ability to change their virtual location to access any blocked content instantly (just by switching their IP address to different location).
We're looking for a driven marketing manager who will lead the marketing efforts for Hotspot Shield in Germany. Currently, Hotspot Shield is observing significant growth in Germany and we would like to boost this growth by understanding the market and actively executing marketing campaigns.
In Germany, several music videos on YouTube are blocked due to copyright laws and Hotspot Shield unblocks them. We think it would be relevant in this case to target a rather young audience who lives in Germany, who is interested in music. For instance, any German music artist, any influential people who are opinion leaders in entertainment (movies, TV shows, music), any young influential opinion leader who would be interested in learning how to unblock any blocked content.
Responsibilities of this role will include but not limited to the following:
- Understand the most up-to-date Internet trends in Germany.
- Understand the most common use cases of Hotspot Shield in Germany.
- Create social media existence for Hotspot Shield in German on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and other social media platforms.
- Constantly engage with German users and come up with new ideas and strategies to acquire new users for Hotspot Shield.
- Use social media, forums, blogs, etc. to get Hotspot Shield adopted by very large user groups and improve its brand awareness.
- Engage with German Internet celebrities/influencers to get them to promote Hotspot Shield to their fan bases.
- Partner with websites and online communities to get them to promote Hotspot Shield in Germany.