Contemporary YA Romance Novel
Closed - This job posting has been filled and work has been completed.
Ghostwriters required for a novella of around 80,000 words. Outlines of the stories will be provided and these can be spun to a great degree - so let your imagination flow. The stories are contemporary and should be written tastefully in the first person, present tense.
Set in college. Both leads in their junior year.
Male lead - athletics champ, on a sports scholarship. He is described to be tough, intimidating, standoffish but gradually warms up towards the female lead.
Female lead - dancer, transfer from community college. She is described to be sarcastic, witty and spirited.
Please send in a plot summary and a brief first few paragraphs as a sample for me to get a feel for your idea + style. Sending in samples of previous fiction work ( preferably from a similar genre ) will increase your chances.
- ABSOLUTELY NO TIME WASTERS PLEASE!!!
- Know how to be captivating, imaginative and keep the audience entertained. Make the storyline believable and relatable to the average woman.
- preference will be given to applicants with fiction writing experience.
- Applicants must be native English speakers.
- Writer to set time frame for delivery which must be adhered to. A shorter time frame preferred.
- Writer must also provide a half to one page synopsis of the work.
- Writer will be responsible for proofreading and editing of the work to a good standard.
- If you're hired you will be considered for future projects in other genres.
- I will retain all rights to the works but you can use the story as a representative sample - with permission - for your portfolio as a ghost writer should you require. You must sign a statement to this effect.
Payment will only be released upon completion of the work.
Thanks for looking and I look forward to hearing from you.