IT Help Desk
• Provide technical assistance and support for incoming queries and issues related to computer systems, software, and hardware.
• Respond to queries either in person or over the phone.
• Write training manuals.
• Train computer users.
• Maintain daily performance of computer systems.
• Respond to email messages for customers seeking help.
• Ask questions to determine nature of problem.
• Walk customer through problem-solving process.
• Install, modify, and repair computer hardware and software.
• Clean up computers.
• Run diagnostic programs to resolve problems.
• Resolve technical problems with Local Area Networks (LAN), Wide Area Networks (WAN), and other systems.
• Install computer peripherals for users.
• Follow up with customers to ensure issue has been resolved.
• Gain feedback from customers about computer usage.
• Run reports to determine malfunctions that continue to occur.
• Prepare files and maintain file storage and file retrieval systems
• Maintain Standard Operating Procedures (SOP). Engage in Continuous Improvement. Implement changes to SOPs ONLY when Continuous Improvement Initiatives are approved.