Closed - This job posting has been filled and work has been completed.
Android App for Tree Planters
This application is for use in remote areas with extremely limited accesses to internet.
It's goal is to help us collect images of tree with their locations, while providing a tool for planters to track trees and return to the same trees at a later date.
1. Shows location of previously stored images relative to phones real time position
2. Identifies updated tree locations on a map by changing dot from red to green
3. Identifies tree locations needing updates on a map with a red dot. (based on trigger from the database)
4. Map zoom in/out feature
Note: Map does not have to be in form of a Google map image.
#2 Home Page Buttons
1. “New Tree” image button brings up camera to store image as new.
2. “Update Tree” button brings up camera to store image as an update.
3. “Data” button brings to data page
1. Shows current total trees belonging to planter
2. Total trees updated
3. Total trees remaining to update
4. Total trees left to sync.
Button: Pause / Resume sync
#1 Update Tree function
1. Runs on home page.
2. Must be usable offline!!
2. When within 200meter from nearest tree, update tree button flashes green.
3. Within 30 meters radius, pops up "update tree"
4.Within 5 meter radius, camera pops up.
5. With a click, the image is taken, automatically stored and xml file updated.
#2 GPS accuracy indicator on home page
A. Turns green when accuracy is within 5 meters.
#3 Identify user
1. Stores user ID with data sets from each particular phone.
2. User should not have to log in more than once.
3. Requires email address.
(Possible options: OAuth 2.0 dance, Gmail accounts, OpenID.net)
#4 Takes a Photo
1. Sets Resolution to 640X480
2. Tags photo with GPS
3. Tags photo as new or updated
3. Stores GPS accuracy level with photo.
4. Prevents taking photo without proper GPS accuracy, (5 meters accuracy)
5. Tells user why it is preventing the user from taking photos, “Insufficient GPS Accuracy”
Total number of Trees
Total number of Trees to Update
Total number of Trees Updated
Trees left to sync
#4 Syncs Data to Database
1. Automatically syncs images with data to database when connection is available.
2. Queues up to 2000 photos
3. Retrieves any triggers from database weekly
4. Once photo is on database, photo is automatically removed from phone.
5. Essential history, location/photo Id remains on the phone.
The App must not be prone crash.
The App must complete all functions without network, other than the syncing of data.
The App needs a four week trial period before loaded to GooglePlay.
The App must work flawlessly on all Samsung Smart Phones.
We will provide the Logo for the app.
There are no other graphics, only maps.
We provide the database, however we will need to details of what the app will require.
Stores location data sets for previous photos or extracts location data from xml file.
Feeds photo location data and user ID into php / mysql database
(API needs to communicate between online storage (php/mysql) and phone Data Storage (XML) ---- suggest different if there is a better way)
Queuing photos: (Maybe queue_new_trees.xml)