R & Matlab Code Conversion to Web
Closed - This job posting has been filled and work has been completed.
We have a financial model developed in a combination of R and Matlab files, as well as significant documentation on the underlying model. We would like to port this model to a web-based interface and make some underlying improvements to the model.
The high level phases of the project would be as follows:
1. Read and understand the documentation and the code
2. Port the code to the web (Shiny or a similar interface is fine for now if that's easier), ensuring that the code is well organized, well documented, properly coded for fast execution, etc.
3. Work w/ our team to make modifications to the model as appropriate.
4. Enable the model to interface with a traditional website (i.e. can make calls to the model through PHP, Python, etc.)
5. Ensure QA/QC, and that everything is well-documented and organized.
We are looking for someone with the following:
1. Significant, demonstrated expertise in R, Matlab, and Financial Modeling.
2. Excellent written communication skills; we have high standards for documentation.
3. Strong spoken communication skills.
Ideal Candidates would have the following:
1. An interest in new, creative models of financing
2. Interest / Belief in education and the power it provides
3. Experience with construction / analysis of loans, loan securitization, etc.
During the engagement, we will have calls / updates roughly once a week. You will be required to use our wiki / to keep documentation. IT infrastructure can be on your end, or you can use ours.
Because we have not work together before, the first phase would be a simple one where you would be given some documentation, and you would be asks to summarize it and come up with a proposed timeline and assumptions. An NDA will be required.
I look forward to hearing from you.