Closed - This job posting has been filled and work has been completed.
In a nutshell the concept of the startup is to change the way users interact with content both online and later on, offline also. When people find something useful online whether it be a video of article they may want to thank the author or creator of the content. In the click of a button which will have a similar placement to the current social widgets people put on their websites. A small donation of their own choice ranging from a few cents to a few dollars will be made and transferred to their account. Think of it as an online version of tipping.
BRIEF RUNDOWN OF THE JOB THAT NEEDS TO BE DONE
You will need to develop a plugin which can be embedded in a website - this will be the donate button.
1. You can create a PHP base library that will be stored on your server.
3. People can deposit money through whatever means CC, paypal etc into the account they donate from and the funds are withdrawn from the balance they have in that account. Only when they initiate a transaction for example giving $5 to someone will our commission be deductedYou must use a split payment method to make payment. In that way there will be 2 receivers and 1 payer. Primary receiver will be website owner (who will be using our widget) and secondary receiver will be Plugin author (in this case my company), and both will receive payment in a respective proportion.
An example of the user journey would be;
1. User comes to the website.
2. User Register for the Widget
3. User inputs Website URL, PayPal account or debit card details, email, etc
5. User will place the same code on their website, which will generate graphic for “Donate” button.
6. Visitor comes to their website and press “Donate” button.
7. Visitor will be redirected to your website’s payment page in a popup.
8. Makes payment using CC, Debit cards, etc.
9. Visitor gets success/failure message.
10. After deducted commission amount will be transferred to Widget User account as entered in step 3.
We can also create User section within your website itself. This user section will be password protected thus only registered user can access it. We can add option to view all the donations made till date for respective registered users. And they can also update their own details if required.
We can add provision for Super Admin user to view all the donations received so far including all widget users’ history. And to view all registered users.
We can create native SDKs for the mobile devices. SDK that can be integrate within iPhone app and within Android app. Or can use the above widget which can be added within apps using web view.
Applicants must include the word 'Tipper' to be considered.
Skills: video, paypal