Web Designer – Part Time
Closed - This job posting has been filled and work has been completed.
Your job will be to design a simple, attractive, intuitive & usable user interface for our site. We are looking for a dynamic and creative designer who is all about using responsive design and media queries to create adaptable pages that look awesome on all screens. You should be able to work with wireframes and high level requirements to create attractive & sensible design options to meet our customer needs.
• Design attractive, simple, intuitive and usable webpages that work across online and mobile platforms
• Design site to be efficient looking and scalable to incorporate new functions / features at a later time
• Responsible for the design and development of web site, graphics, multimedia and GUIs
• Utilizes story boarding in the development of the site
• Work with our frontend developer to eventually take your design live.
• Make conceptual prototypes for user-testing sessions.
• Work from written and verbal briefs from Co-founders and CTO
• Work quickly to solve day-to-day issues but design for the long term while providing consistent daily updates to the team members
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• Visual arts or a design background
• Experience as web design practitioner with an impressive portfolio of completed web design projects
• Understanding of navigation and GUI for maximizing usability with solid experience in graphics layout and design
• Experience in designing interface for web, mobile and tablet applications
• Proficient in common design and graphics tools required: Adobe creative Suite,
• Proficient in Photoshop required, Illustrator or Balsamiq preferred
• Exposure to HTML, CSS technologies, experience with HTML 5 & CSS3 preferred
• Able to deliver results in unstructured environment & with high level requirements
• Well organized and able to meet tight deadlines
• Proficiency in e-commerce design preferred
• Loves Dog
Skills: design, graphics