Please apply through our website: http://bit.ly/TgOHT0
Samasource is an award-winning social enterprise with a huge vision - to connect the one billion people living in poverty around the world to work using technology. Samasource combines the fast-paced, results-driven culture of a tech start-up with the passion for alleviating global poverty of a non-profit. We like to move quickly and get things done - if you join us, you will be part of a dynamic team that is passionate about making an impact.
Samasource was founded in 2008 and is supported by major corporate and philanthropic funders including MasterCard, Google, eBay, Cisco, Rockefeller, Ford and the State Department. Headquartered in San Francisco’s Mission District, Samasource has 30+ employees and gives work to thousands of people worldwide.
We are looking for a proactive and experienced Content Writer who will provide marketing and grant writing support for our new and existing funding partners. The Content Writer will be responsible for creating original online marketing content including blog posts, social media posts, online op-eds and e-mail newsletters. Ideal candidates should have experience in writing outward-facing content focused on development or related topics. Reporting to the Director of Marketing and working directly with the development team, you’ll be able to make an immediate contribution to the organization.
- Draft and edit letters of intent, concept notes, proposals, and program reports for institutional and corporate donors within Samasource’s existing network
- Work with Grants Manager on preparing grant submission packages, manage internal timelines with the keen ability to track and collect information within tight deadlines
- Research and understand our target audience in order to set the appropriate tone and voice for all donor-facing communications
- Draft and edit online and offline communications such as program case studies, pitch decks, and other donor-focused correspondences that will delight and engage them
- Build and manage a comprehensive content calendar for our blog
- Undergraduate or Graduate degree in Journalism, Marketing or English preferred
- 2+ years of writing experience with a proven track record writing concise, compelling copy
- Passionate about creating unique, original content from scratch
- Impeccable grammar, excellent copywriting and research skills a must
- Creative, out-of-the-box thinking with a great sense of humor
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced, deadline-driven team environment with multiple assignments
- Familiarity with traditional foundations and corporate donors, government and/or PRI experience a plus
- Grant writing experience a plus
- Interest in economic development, poverty alleviation, women's rights, economic policy or related field
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S.
Please no phone calls or emails.
Skills: marketing, research, journalism, english, grammar