We are planning to launch our new website and are looking for someone to make it look sleek, contemporary, and somewhat minimalist. The roles and responsibilities will include:
1. Designing the look and feel of the website: colour palette, typography, transitions, templates, etc. We already have commissioned print designs, and ideally, the website should have the same visual language.
2. Creating wire frames for various screen sizes
3. Creating and/or sourcing visual assets such as background images and icons
4. Collaborating with other members of the team as necessary, possibly with another UI/UX designer
No coding is required for this position. If you have the programming chops, you might want to refer to our other job posting as well.
We iterate fast and frequently. As a designer, you should not be too attached to a particular design — be prepared to make changes and offer several alternatives, especially at the beginning of the project. We will also be using voice chat and web conferencing a lot, so good communication skills are key to capture the nuances involved in creative design.
1. More than 2 years of web/graphic/UI design experience OR a portfolio that we like
2. Software to create mockups, such as Photoshop, GIMP, Illustrator or HTML+CSS
3. Excellent command of English
4. Should be easily contactable by email or Skype
1. HTML and CSS
2. Prior experience designing for Squarespace 6 or other CMS such as Drupal or WordPress
3. Knowledge of marketing and branding
4. Knowledge of responsive design
How to apply
Send us links or attachments to samples of your work!
About the company
We are a tiny startup that is trying to change the way people think about sound, one space at a time. We provide acoustics consultation services and offer related products like sound absorbers and hi-fi systems.