We need to monitor teh windows nachine startup sequence.
For that we need a script that retrives the following data every time a windows machine (XP,8,8,2003 server, 2008 server, 2012 server)
* Time the startup sequence started and has ended.
* Time each of the automatic services started the startup sequence and completed the startup sequence.
* Time each of the programs in the machine's startup has started the startup sequence and completed the startup sequence.
For each step the script must report if a failure was reported by windows/the service/ the program
The script returns 3 fields, What,type (one of "Windows", "Service", "Program") begin time, end time, elapsed time (in seconds), failures (as reported at the event viewer)
I also want to know when did the user get the logon screen and when did he lgged in (successfully) and the windows username as well ( 'Robert' in the following example.
What Type Begin time End time Elapsed time Failures
Windows System 19/2/2013 21:23:34 19/2/2013 21:24:35 61 None
DHCP Service 19/2/2013 21:23:39 19/2/2013 21:24:40 1 None
EventSystem Service 19/2/2013 21:23:39 19/2/2013 21:24:44 5 Windows Failed to start the service
Ccleaner Program 19/2/2013 21:23:48 19/2/2013 21:24:50 2 None
Robert User 19/2/2013 21:24:01 19/2/2013 21:24:35 35 None
1. There should be exactly 1 line for windows/system
2. There should be exactly 1 line for the user login
3. The number of rows with type=service is equal to the number of automatic services in the machine
4. The number of rows with type=program is equal to the number of programs in the machines startup
The script should be written in VB script,Powershell or python.Skills required:
System Admin, Windows 8, Windows Server