We are looking for skilled developers with Go (and Python) knowledge to help our internal team developing and supporting some of our complex high-performance systems in AWS.
- Good English skills
- Can communicate with project manager on Skype text chat during Australian Business Hours (9am – 5pm AEST – Sydney Timezone). This condition can be relaxed later on
- Significant experience in Go
- Experience in Python (must be able to write clear, commented, well-structured PEP8 compliant code)
- Extensive experience with Linux/Bash
- Experience using Git
- Must be detail oriented – no sloppy or lazy coding styles
- Must be able to test their own code
- AWS stack/technologies knowledge (S3, EC2, AWS API, etc)
- Networking/Linux knowledge (queues, named pipes, etc)
We are a Big Data/Marketing company based in Sydney, Australia. We develop tools that help us analyse copious amounts of marketing data for blue chip companies. We use Amazon Web Services (AWS) extensively. Our projects are generally (so far) developed in Go, Python and Bash. Others: PostgreSQL, Linux, ZeroMQ. We are currently looking to expand our development team by adding freelance developers throughout the world.
Please include as much details on your GO/Python/Linux/AWS experience as possible.
NOTE: We will not respond to any phone calls about this job or work with any company outside of the oDesk system.
PLEASE ALSO SUBMIT YOUR CV ON THE BELOW JOJARI JOB TO INCREASE YOUR CHANCES.
Skills: linux, unix, shell-scripting, batch-scripting