Microtalk is a UK-based telecom company opertating our own softswitches and network.
We have a requirement to build an in-house developed hosted PBX solution.
We wish to build this service on freeswitch + fusion pbx (we currently use Asterisk + freepbx, but this is not sufficiently scaleable, reliable or suited to multiple resellers).
For reliability, we run parallel systems in two data centres, connected by 2 VLANs.
We have a sales model of selling via Resellers, so a key requirement is to support multiple resellers, each able to set up and manage multiple customers with each reseller unable to see other reseller's customers.
The requirements for the new hosted pbx (based on freeswitch + fusion pbx) are:
1. very reliable (set up across multiple servers to give no single point of failure / zero downtime)
2. secure (we not want to lose any money to hacking) .
3. highly scalable - hundreds of resellers selling to thousands of businesses with tens of thousands of end-users
4. managed 100% through portal (with 'modern' looking interface and reseller branding / white label support):
a) for us internally to set up resellers
b) for resellers to set up their customers
c) for customers to self-manage their own services
5. lots of PBX features including desk top softphone / presence apps
6. flexibility for us to add features or customise to meet specific custom opportunities.
7. useable by customers worldwide
8. we use vopswitch softswitches (www.voipswitch.com). The hosted pbx product will connect to voipswitch via a simple SIP trunk interface. voipswitch provide an open database - it is important that the hosted pbx portal integrates integrates with voipswitch database (we do not want to have to do any set up or edit action twice manually) - we have an in-house R&D team who can do this under your direction.
9. integrates with billing (so there is no risk of any loss of revenue)
10. Multi-level IVR (for auto attendant)
12. training for our technical support team to be able to manage the service
Skills: pbx, billing, training