'India Editor' for News Site
Closed - This job posting has been filled.
An international news aggregation site seeks a bi-lingual 'India Editor' for part-time work. This supplemental position is an effective resume-builder for those who work in translation, communications, and media, and works best for people who avidly consume news on daily basis. The ideal candidate will:
1. Be completely fluent in both English, Hindi and, if possible, other languages used in India.
2. Possess a deep knowledge of both current affairs and the newspaper/media culture.
3. Have the ability to quickly craft engaging, high-quality copy in English, as well as efficiently summarize the most interesting components of a long article into a brief paragraph.
The duties of a India Editor include:
1. Reviewing Inida's online newspapers daily and selecting any 2-3 noteworthy articles each day, based on both the criteria we provide and the candidate’s own expertise on current affairs.
2. Writing a headline and a short summary (3-5 sentences) in English of each article.
To apply, please provide a resume with relevant work experience and a work sample. All qualified candidates will be asked to complete a writing sample before being offered the position.
Other open jobs by this client
- Hourly – Iran News Editor
- Hourly – Language Editors Wanted for International News Site
- Hourly – Turkey News Editor