[Immediate!] Senior SysAdmin + Java Experienced Ninja
Closed - This job posting has been filled and work has been completed.
We're looking for an awesome senior SysAdmin with a depth of experience installing, maintaining, and managing Java systems, The ideal candidate is someone who excels at planning and implementing secure, robust, and scalable implementations of enterprise Java Software.
This project starts on December 28th! We need someone to dive in immediately and help us get the Atlassian suite of products installed, configured, and optimized. We will be starting with JIRA. The right candidate will be available to jump into the project immediately and has ample free time over the next 48 hours. (Including the weekend.)
If things go well with this project, we would keep you on the team for ongoing maintanence, support, and implementations of this type.
***We want someone who can work close to 10am-6pm, PST (GMT-8). If you cannot do all of those hours, please specify exactly what your working hours are. Please DO NOT apply if you cannot have at least 3 hours overlap with our team.***
Here are the things we want in a candidate:
* Strong systems administration experience
* A depth of experience with Linux or Solaris
* A proven track record of working with Tomcat or other Java Server technologies
* Understanding and familiarity with the Atlassian suite of products
* A high-bandwidth connection and a good attitude to enable remote pair-programming
This project is going to be super fun for the right person. For someone who is a great fit, this will lead to more opportunities to work together! Feel free to check our profile to see our history and seriousness.
Please apply soon. We will be making a decision by 11:59PM PST TODAY!
When you apply, respond with:
* What are your favorite technologies that work alongside Tomcat?
* How many installations of Atlassian JIRA (or other Atlassian products) have you done?
* What are some of your favorite performance optimizations for JIRA or a generic Java-based application?