We're looking for someone to provide us with advice for quality french upholstered furniture we are looking to import.
Examples of the type of advice we need :
- what type of fabric should be used? For example what are the advantages/disadvantages of using 70% cotton, 30% linen or 100% linen? Which is more durable and which is generally more expensive?
- what should the cushion content be? For example, what material should the fibre be made of, what kind of feathers should be used and in what proportion?
- what type of seating structure should be used? web seating suspension with steel support or just web seating suspension?
- what kind of wood should be used? oak/birch? Should this be kiln dried? In what conditions should it be kiln dried?
This is just an example of a few queries we have. We are really looking for someone who can assist us in ensuring the chair we import from China is made of good quality materials and who can help us with controlling costs charged by the factory.
This could potentially lead to an ongoing advisory role as we look to import more french upholstered furniture in the future.
Potential ongoing work would include:
- 3D imaging to create pictures of our furniture to be used on our website
- Knowledge of Australian textile labelling requirements would be favourable but not necessary
Please let me know if you are interested and if you require any further information.