Closed - This job posting has been filled.
Bizdrive.biz is a turnkey small business sales platform that plugs-in as a powered-by solution. We are a one-stop shop offering affordable networking for referrals and e-commerce for sales and collaboration for retention. We are looking for a Systems Administrator.
We are looking for Systems Administrator who has been in a similar role where they have been responsible for effective provisioning, installation/confirmation, operation and maintenance of systems hardware and software and related infrastructures, participated in technical research and development.
Additionally the Systems Administrator would ensure the system hardware, operating and software systems and related methods and procedures adhere to our organizational requirements and whilst working closely with other team members.
Typical Duties for this current Role
• Implement alerts from the Amazon console, and monitoring all servers.
• Monitor and improve Zimbra (i.e. adjusting email settings, separating DNS from email etc.).
• With other team members provide ongoing backup/recovery/DR improvements.
• Link scanning tools
• Ongoing support and resolution of issues identified
• Promotions, IP address updates etc.
• Ongoing documentation (i.e. the svn promote process – add to it to make an implementation check-list.
• With team members examine administrative requirement for Live Support – permissions, chmod settings, php and Apache settings etc., - any conflicts with existing apps.
• Security controls in place on Bizdrive LIVE to have a private area for word-press pages
• Word-press security – patch updates and upgrades – install and test with other team members.
• Listing of word-press page and directories from team members – structure on LIVE after the private area is in place (sell-services, local-service).
• Reveal’ the page(s) in accordance with plans from team members.
• Vanity URLs for biz network pages – how this works with the servers, permissions that are necessary, URL structure – with with team members for implementation.
• Demonstrable DNS server configuration experience to guarantee the site disposition over the globe
Associates degree in Computer Science or related discipline. Relevant experience may substitute for the degree requirement on a year for year basis. Three years’ work experience covering complex systems design, programming /systems and software/support.
Knowledge of: Programming languages and operating systems; current equipment and technologies
Ability to: Plan, organize and document complex system design activities and to configure systems to be consistent with institutional policies/procedures; communicate technical/complex information both verbally and in writing; establish and maintain cooperation, understanding, trust and credibility; perform multiple tasks concurrently and respond to emergency situations effectively.
You must be:
SMART – Take instructions and follow through quickly (provide critical feedback on ideas and concepts).
PERFECT COMMUNICATION - Excellent Verbal and Written English.
PEOPLE PERSON – Able to work with others, build a rapport and be patient.
AVAILABILITY - To be accessible and responsive
The ideal candidate should have operated previously as a Virtual Systems Administrator and you must be trustworthy, honest and patient.
In your response please describe your previous experience working in this capacity, and a recent Resume.
We are only interested in Candidates that are able to work North American hours only. When applying please specify the working hours in North American time (Eastern Standard Time) at the top of the application.
We look forward to hearing from you.