Require Auto cad / 3-D Modelling Engineer for Weapons - Firearms product desiging and development
TITLE: Product Development Designer
AREA: Firearms - Weapons
A. 3-D Modeling
B. Sets up and operates metalworking machines to cut, shape, and fit parts to fabricate prototypes or modify existing models of small arms for use as production models, analyzing specifications and determining procedures according to knowledge of metal machining and layout.
C. Determines fixtures, tooling, and sequence of machining operations to fabricate parts.
2. Product Development
D. Quotation analysis and Budgeting preparation for the projects
E. Research and analyze customer design proposals, specifications, manuals, and other data to evaluate the feasibility, cost, and maintenance requirements of designs or applications
F. Specify system components or direct modification of products to ensure conformance with engineering design and performance specifications.
G. Make design models in 3D CAD. Make design drawings, supervise drafting activities, review and approve engineering drawings.
Education: Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Post Graduate Diploma Mechanical Engineering, Physics, or related field
Experience: 5+ years in small arms design
Skills: Strong hand on 3D Designing and CNC software such as AUTOCAD, TURBO CAD, MACH 3, GOOGLE SKETCHUP
CNC and 3-D printer ready files
• Strong 3D- CAD (Solid works preferred experience)
• Familiar with mechanical properties firearms
• Ability to design for manufacturing and assembly of firearms
• Experience working with small precision machinery parts.
• Experience working in a product development environment
• Ability to artistically represent their 3-D concepts using wide variety of presentation techniques including manual / digital sketching, Turbo Cad, Mach 3, Google Sketch up.
• good drawing and IT skills
• an interest in changing trends in design.
• comprehensive understanding of a variety of firearms.
• familiarity with loading mechanisms, gun assembly, attaching accessories like grips and optical sights, and safety option