Sharepoint and SQLServer 2008 BIDC DW development
Closed - This job posting has been filled.
Seeking experience in SSAS on SQL Server 2008 R2, including converting a OLTP data model to a data cube for SharePoint Business Intelligence using Excel Services, PerformancePoint Analytic Reports, PerformancePoint Scorecards, PerformancePoint Dashboards.
Base data is from a traditional warehousing environment representing: Ordering, Shipping, Usage, and Inventory Levels
•Create instances of OLAP SSAS Data Cubes from OLTP tables in a SQLServer2008R2 . OLTP scripts will be provided. Will be required to supply scripts for database including SSIS and SSAS projects into a test environment.
• Create import package using SQLServer Integration Services or SSRS to load data from Excel/CSV file into database.
• Create five SQLServer drill down reports using SQLServer Business Development Studio and Reporting Services with Asp.Net
• Convert existing Excel 2010 dynamic charts file with data supplied from a MS Access data connection to use SQLServer data connection.
• Generate five interactive dashboards from within Sharepoint 2010 using PerformancePoint Analytic Reports, Performance Point Scorecards, PerformancePoint dashboards, SQLServer Reporting Services and VS.
• Provide this application to the Project Manager with instructions and guidance to help install in Office365 SharePoint environment.
Start Date: Immediately
Stage 1: Create tables (tables and fields will be supplied) to SQLServer OLTP database and populate values (will be supplied from Excel) . Create BASE ELT SSIS scripts to load into SSAS data cube with sufficient indexes for adequate performance. Supply guidance on the STAR schemas to build the fact and dimension tables for 3 data cubes.
Stage 2: Convert Graphs in Excel 2012 to Sharepoint BI web parts using SSAS, SSRS, Performance Point Analytic Reports and Business Intelligence tools .
Stage 3: Provide assistance and scripts to load instance onto Office 365 sharepoint instance
END DATE: March 7, 2013
Responsibilities will involve:
- Reviewing draft cube design against output specification (web pivot grids / charts)
- Proposing and implementing changes to cube design and/or SQL source
- Constructing custom measures with MDX
- Implementing solution for business users to update / process cube
Possibility of follow-up development after this initial phase.
In your response, please provide:
- evidence of similar work done in the past, particularly any MDX examples.
- possible times for interviews (8am-9pm GMT)
- availability over next 2-3 weeks
At least 4.00
MS SQL Server 2005 Test
Fluent in English with good verbal and written skills
Skills: test, import, ssrs, design, english