We are looking for a very proficient Wordpress developer that understands the importance of doing unit-tests for plugins.
The main platforms that we are using are;
The things we are looking for are;
- Tests should be specific — test one feature at a time.
- Tests should be orthogonal (independent) of all other tests. They shouldn’t rely on other tests to run or pass.
- Tests should be designed to pass — you’re trying to prove success, not failure.
- Tests should be repeatable.
- One function may (and probably should) have multiple tests associated with it; one test for each possible condition.
- Create a new test every time you find a bug to make sure it’ll be caught if it shows up again in the future.
- Use static data in tests to get clear results. Dynamic data can introduce hard-to-diagnose failures
- When testing external services, it’s better to re-create the service details (data received, API state, etc) than to connect to the actual service.
- Use descriptive names for tests so what’s being tested is clear to everyone; long method names aren’t a problem.
We will provide the right money to the right person.
If you can show some unit tests that you have written, then please feel free to contact me for an interview.