Financial Analysis Platform
OVERVIEW: The purpose of the project site is to allow the user to retrieve, manipulate, analyze, and visualize financial/economic data (i.e. stock prices, economic indicators, rates, commodities, and financial statements).
The platform will pull financial data from several data providers, i.e. St. Louis Fed economic data (http://api.stlouisfed.org/docs/fre
Reference sites, to which our site will be most similar (in terms of features) would be www.ycharts.com, www.gurufocus.com (for reporting and charting) and www.motifinvesting.com (for portfolio construction/management). FYI, www.ycharts.com is built in JS/Jquery on the front-end, and in Python/Django on the back-end.
We'd prefer Python/Django due to Python's outstanding math/statistics features including libraries, e.g. Numpy, Pandas, RapidQuant, Anaconda, PyAlgoTrade. Competency in understanding and using these libraries/toolkit will be greatly favored.
(Those who are language-agnostic are also encouraged to apply as long as validity of technology/stacks choice can be justified.)
As it takes only 30 seconds to register at the aforementioned reference sites, those interested/serious are required to navigate and study these sites first, in order to scope out functionality/features, before submitting a proposal.
1.Write tools and applications to import, run calculations and visualize hundreds of millions of financial data points.
2. Experience working on interactive web applications, especially charting features.
3. A background or interest in finance and/or math would be highly valued.
4. Database Architecture - MySQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle, MongoDB
5. Python, Django Framework
6. Data Analysis/Statistics Libraries - NumPy, Pandas, RapidQuant
PLEASE TELL ME:
1. Your brief ideas and suggestions, along with your previous work samples. (Send samples ONLY IF they are "relevant or similar)" to ours.)
2. If you are working alone or as a team or company.
3. Ballpark project cost and timeline.