Senior Windows Server Engineer with strong networking skills
We're a small IT company whose clients have grown faster than our capability/expertise and we need outside help. Not only are there several projects that are immediately on tap and ready to go, but there is also remediation assistance that's needed ASAP. This position is a long-term hourly position that reports directly to the owner of the company. Initially the position will be 20-40 hours a week,
Our clients vary in size from 8 users up to 150 users. Technology that's in place that you would need to be proficient in is as follows:
- Windows Server 2003 (all versions)
- Windows Server 2008 (all versions)
- Microsoft Lync Server 2010
- Microsoft Exchange 2010
- Microsoft SQL Server 2008 r2
- VMware ESXi 5/vSphere 5
- Microsoft Hyper-V
- SonicWALL UTM (TZ series)
- Acronis SnapDeploy
Examples of projects:
- Setup RADIUS server and integrate it with SonicWALL WAP
- Resolve Kerberos errors on Windows network
- Migrate PDC roles and decommission Windows Server
- Install Microsoft Lync 2010 and get fully up and running
- Review/tune network group policies
- Setup domain trusts between branch locations
- Subnet network for maximum performance/stability/security
- Bring existing servers as close as possible to best practices
- Setup Windows DirectAccess server
- Fine-tune workstation deployment process and setup GPO for software deployments
- Manage selection and implementation of Mobile Device Management
- Candidate must be based in the USA due to client security requirements
- Enterprise experience
- MCSE (ideally not assigned to a different organization)
- Candidate must have superb communication skills - written and verbal
- Candidate must be organized, detail-oriented, and capable of working with minimal supervision
- Ideally candidate would be available via voice during normal business hours (we can provide an IP phone)
- Candidate should be able to work after-hours occasionally when a project/task requires it
- Knowledge of ConnectWise/Continuum RMM is helpful but not necessary
If you're interested in applying, please provide the following:
1. A copy of your resume containing work experience and education.
2. A cover letter with the following:
a. Description of at least two recent projects (1-2 paragraphs each) involving the above mentioned technologies, your role in the project, the defined deliverables, and the outcome of each.
b. Description of your current work situation/availability. For example, are you working full-time and only available nights/weekends or are you not working full-time at all can work any time with x amount of notice.
c. An explanation of why you're interested in this job.
This is a long-term position and we would like to hire a contractor that has a track record of job stability/longevity.
Skills: vmware, microsoft-small-business-server