Install, configure and customize a Gazelle/Ocelot BitTorrent tracker. We have an existing instance, but once which was set up on Ubuntu 10.04. We would like to install the latest version of the tracker which has been updated to run on Ubuntu 12.04.
This project is comprised of two, inter-related parts. Details are as follows:
1) Install and configure the popular Gazelle/Ocelot BitTorrent tracker in accordance with the installation guide. This is a well-documented and straightforward process. Other requirements regarding the installation are outlined below:
- You must reference and match the existing Config file precisely so as not to interrupt interdependent systems
- You must leverage the existing MySQL database. That means the current database must be backed up and attached to the new instance of the application.
2) You must edit/configure 2 existing PHP files that provide data from the application that you will install to a 3rd-party application on a remote server via a RESTful web service. Those PHP files, when called, fetch and return certain data from the MySQL database.
- Unix/Linux (You must be perfectly at ease operating within a Linux environment using the shell. The server is running Ubuntu 12.04 and no desktop GUI is or will be installed)
- PHP (Solid PHP expertise is probably the most important aspect of this project, as you Gazelle/Ocelot application is written in PHP)
- MySQL (The application's database is in MySQL, so obviously a critical component for success)
- REST/SOAP (A solid understanding of REST/SOAP is also essential)
-- BitTorrent (familiarity with the bittorrent P2P protocol would be help, though not essential)
For you or your organization to be shortlisted for this project you must meet the following requirements:
- Must show and demonstrate relevant references to past work related to this project
- Code must be clean, efficient and WELL DOCUMENTED!
- Must have a feedback score >=4
- Must be able to communicate freely in English
Short-listed candidates will receive further questions and detailed requirements.
Thank you for considering our project!
Skills: unix, linux, english