SponsorPay is the world’s leading value-exchange advertising platform. Our innovative solution drives the monetization of premium content on platforms such as Facebook, iOS and Android through brand engagement, user acquisition and direct response ad campaigns.
We are headquartered in Berlin with offices in San Francisco, New York, Los Angeles, London, Paris, Shanghai, Seoul and Tokyo. We were honored as one of the world’s top 100 digital media companies by OnMedia in 2013 as well as Europe’s second-fastest growing digital company by Media Momentum in 2012.
For our fast-growing Berlin office we are currently recruiting a Senior System Administrator.
As member of our IT operations team, you maintain and develop our server landscape with ~50 servers and various open source services. This infrastructure is currently handling up to 300k requests per minute, doubling every few months.
• With our DBA, you work to ensure and improve system uptime and response time, scaling the system as needed
• You work with our developers on changes to the infrastructure required by new features and products
• You maintain and further improve our monitoring systems
• You take part in the weekly on-call rotation and respond to service outages
It is important that you will be available in October (or earlier) and are able to work fulltime until end of the year.
Skills and Experience
• 5+ years working experience as an IT professional, 3+ years in the operations of web applications with high traffic volume
• Solid working-knowledge with Redhat/CentOS Linux installation and administration (including RHCS and DRBD)
• Experience with Ruby-on-Rails deployments (Passenger, Unicorn, nginx)
• IPv4 network management and troubleshooting skills (iptables, Traffic Shaping, OpenVPN)
• Nagios/Icinga are a must - infrastructure-as-code is your middle name
• Experience in any/all of Graphite, Munin, Kibana/Logstash, Chef, Redis, memcached, beanstalk is a big plus
Requirements and Qualifications
• „Problem solver” mentality
• Team player and natural mentor for junior sysadmins
• Enthusiastic, hard-working, highly motivated individual
• Very detail-oriented and thorough work approach
• Strong problem solving skills under various sorts of constraints and stress
• Willingness to monitor our systems and solve critical problem outside regular business hours (remotely of course)
What we offer
• Flat hierarchies, a friendly atmosphere and open discussion
• Amazingly international team with more than 140 passionate people from 30+ countries
• Competitive remuneration package
• The opportunity to immediately gain responsible tasks and develop your skillset
• Fruit & free drinks everyday :)
We are looking for passionate, self-driven individuals. Thus we are interested in information/links to any work or projects you have done outside your day job (both technical and non-technical). If you are active on sites such as stackoverflow.com, Hacker News, github or twitter, please include your username(s) in your application.