Developing a Python web management and presentation frontend for a cloud computing platform
We are looking for a freelancer/contractor to implement a Python MVC web platform allowing orchestration and management of our in-house cloud computing platform. Moreover, the same web interface shall be used for product presentation, customization and marketing. In depth, we would like to have a web frontend for these jobs:
* A multi-language web-site
* A simple content management system allowing customization and definition of pages suitable as a corporate web site. We do not expect to write your own CMS from scratch, rather interface with an existing CMS or integrate a plug-in/template engine you choose.
* Present (future) customers our products, implement a product showcase, associated order forms, product customization (e.g. virtual server configuration) when signing up with us.
* A customer backend allowing management of their own resources (e.g. virtual machine management, resource management)
* Interfacing with our accounting and user management system
* Interfacing with our cloud control backend. This interface can be specified together with you.
* Have a good understanding for scalable web applications and databases
* The MVC site shall be implemented in Python using, at your choice, Flask or Django
* Use a ORM, interface with a PostgreSQL database
* Interface with other backends through RPC (e.g. SOAP)
* Be familiar with single sign on interfaces, e.g. OAuth.
* Be familiar with unit tests, the git version control system and have basic understanding of Linux systems / web-servers
External to this job are:
* Accountancy, user management, payment methods
* Actual web design (HTML, CSS)
* The whole backend (e.g. machine provisioning)
We will specify the full specification together with you. In terms of amount of work, we expect roughly a two month full-time job. We will reward you if you finish earlier.
The budget below is a rough estimate based on a two month job. Depending on the detailed specifications and expected time frame we will both agree with before we will possibly increase it.