Reliable virtual assistant needed to help us write job postings and fill new positions with great candidates (no experience required, 45 hours weekly, intensive and challenging work with an excellent employer!)
Closed - This job posting has been filled and work has been completed.
Are you reliable and do you like challenges?
Do you usually write a message at the end of every day to your previous employer about your daily challenges, accomplishments, and improvement ideas you have?
Do you have at least 8 hours per day available to work for us?
We've been growing as a business and have reached a point where we need a full-time person to help us hire new people for our teams.
- No experience with hiring required, we'll teach you. But you have to be ambitious and prove that you've actively taken more responsibility with previous employers.
- Near perfect spoken and written English. Your pronunciation needs to be clear since you'll be speaking with candidates on Skype. (This will be easy for those with previous work like call centers or reception desks)
- At least 8 hours free per day, no students, currently employed, or those with other contracts.
- Work with our team to fill new jobs we have available, write job posts and find new candidates (learn from our previous postings and project coordinator)
- Fix and improve job posts or messages based on failures and challenges (not every post will find to a perfect job candidate)
- Skype voice chat interviews (Be people-friendly, but assertive)
- Plan paid trials for the best candidates and monitor candidates during the trials
- Arrange Skype Meetings: Follow-up meetings 2 weeks after hiring candidates to see how they are doing and what we can do to help them work better, and weekly 30-minute Skype calls with the business managers to demonstrate current progress, and plan upcoming challenges.
- Grow as a person, research, learn, and actively improve your skills. (That's what differs our company from the hundreds of jobs you could take on Odesk.)
Do you match with our team? These are the qualities we're looking for, if you want to feel at home on our team and help our business grow:
- You don't have a full-time job and are not attending school or working on other Odesk contracts. (We need 50 hours per week, so our work will become your full-time online job if you pass the trial period.)
- Do you often write long detailed messages to your previous employer?
- Do you communicate at the end of every day and at the end of every week to your previous employer all your accomplishments, challenges, and ideas you have? (Show us some examples!)
- Do you create your own spreadsheets or checklists to stay accountable to your daily tasks and accomplishments? (Again, we'd love to see examples)
- $6.00 ongoing rate, initial $4.00 trial period hourly rate (As a gift to you, we will shoulder the Odesk fee so you earn more!)
- Incentives: If you help us hire 5 different positions for our company with contractors that perform better than previous contractors who filled similar roles, we will award you an incentive bonus.
We want someone who’s detail-oriented, confident, and reliable. You'll work daily, with a great team and a growing business. This position is ongoing, and if consecutively great work is performed throughout the contract, you may be offered the chance for a new position and an assistant to help you.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please complete these 2 questions, with long detailed answers, in your Cover Letter to start the Odesk Interview:
1. What do you find attractive about this job? What do you find challenging?
2. Why are you the best candidate for this job? Why should we pick you rather than the other candidates? Good answers to this question are unique stories about difficulties you've overcome that relates to what we're looking for and how this job will fit into your weekly goals. (See above)
We'll pick the people with the best answers for interviewing.
Skills: english, virtual-assistant-skills