We want to make improvements to the open source RapidSMS Decision Tree Application (Code: https://github.com/caktus/rapidsms
Improvements that would be done under this project include:
1. Bringing the Decision Tree app up-to-date with the latest release of RapidSMS
2. Making a better/more interactive survey-creation UI. Replace the existing individual entity add/edit/list pages with a single user-friendly survey add/edit screen. Jquery is expected to be used for this system. Visual ideas can be taken from the “Build” app for OpenDataKit (web demo: http://build.opendatakit.org source: https://github.com/clint-tseng/odk
3. Adding an UI & system that would allow new surveys to be sent (targeted) only to people who answered a previous survey question with a particular answer. For example, send a new “survey B” only to people who answered “2” to the question “what is your age group?” which was in “survey A”.
All license conditions specified in the existing source code must be honoured:
The source code you create must be given the BSD license so that it can be contributed back to the open source RapidSMS community. All development is expected to be done on a publicly visible GitHub repository or Google Code site, allowing for remote review of all code edits and updates.
When applying for this job, please give:
1. A portfolio of Django applications you have worked with in the past, preferably ones that are web-visible (such as GitHub links). if you have any experience with RapidSMS, please highlight that.
2. A brief description of how you will complete the requirements (the process you will undertake, especially if you will deliver mockups)
3. An estimated number of hours that this project will take
4. Your hourly rate